- What is your current role? Founder/Registered Dietitian at Full Soul Nutrition + Registered Dietitian/Recovery Specialist at Eating Disorder Recovery Specialists (EDRS)
- What is your background? I am a Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist, Registered Yoga Teacher, Certified Personal Trainer, and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor. I received a Bachelor of Science in Applied Psychology and Nutrition, as well as a Master’s degree in Clinical Nutrition, from New York University. I have over five years of experience working with individuals recovering from eating disorders at both outpatient and inpatient levels of care.
- How would you describe yourself? I am an energetic, passionate, and outgoing person. However, I’m also a writer, a bookworm, and have a deep sense of spirituality…so I also love quiet time in my apartment as much as I love meeting new people and exploring New York City.
- What is your favorite thing about your career? There are SO many things that I love about my career. Firstly, I love that I get to be a part of so many amazing people’s lives on a daily basis. Secondly, I love that I get to witness beautiful epiphanies every single day. And of course, I’m grateful to be able to help clients break free from eating disorders, from dieting, and from body shame…and to watch them become their own greatest teachers, their own healers, and eventually their own dietitians.
- How did you get involved with eating disorder recovery? There are so many things that led me to this work. In my undergrad, I double-majored in psychology and nutrition, which led me to become interested in eating disorder treatment, because it was an intersection of psychological counseling and nutrition counseling. I also worked as a “Recovery Coach” at BALANCE eating disorder treatment center while I was finishing my Master’s degree and really enjoyed the work. I also used to be a dancer and a full-time fitness instructor, and I found that many people in those industries struggle deeply in their relationship with food; I wanted to use my nutrition education to help those groups of people. I have also personally recovered from disordered eating and felt inspired by that experience to help others.
- What is your proudest accomplishment (personal or occupational)? Creating my own private practice has been an incredible (humbling, rewarding, and fun) experience.
- What is something people do not know about you? I am a recovered clinician. For nearly a decade, I was terrified of what might happen if I stopped micromanaging my food intake and body shape. One of the greatest privileges I’ve ever been given was ACCESS to the resources, tools, mentors, and grace I needed to completely break free from my own eating disorder.
- If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be? One of my favorite quotes from Liz Gilbert: “You are afraid of surrender because you don’t want to lose control. But you never had control; all you had was anxiety.”
More about Caitlyn Corradino: Caitie is a Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist and a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor. She received a Bachelor of Science in Applied Psychology and Nutrition from New York University, and also received her Master’s degree in Clinical Nutrition from NYU. She is also a Registered Yoga Teacher, Certified Personal Trainer, and reiki healer. Caitie is the founder of Full Soul Nutrition, where she offers counseling and coaching that is truly holistic. Caitie’s absolute passion is to help clients break free from restriction and body shame and make peace with food…so that they can give their brain space and energy to the fulfilling things in life – like their building a career, finding beautiful relationships, traveling, and creating! Caitie believes that befriending your body (and feeding it well) is the path to awakening your SOUL – the irreplaceable, vibrant essence of who you are.